Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Palm Desert Lifestyle Photographer~ And Then We Snapped- 365 Blog Circle- Week 8





Here it is Tuesday again already. 
My favorite day of the week.
The day I get to share my week with you 
and these lovely ladies who are coming alongside me in this
massive undertaking called a
365 project!
I admittedly leaked a couple of this weeks' images beforehand.
They have been some of my most popular images.
I find that timing so ironic.
This next week may be holding some interesting opportunities that may be taking me away
from the professional aspect of photography, though never the love 
or the artistry of it. 
I will always be working on my photography skills.
I am a project junkie.
 New projects are always so new and shiny, so much more inviting than that
half-finished project over there.
So it is this week I have started a new mini-project and
 am getting ready to launch a second major one, 
all while still working on one I started at the beginning of the summer.
It's not as exhausting as it might sound, 
and this is why I know that this hobby I have, 
is not just a hobby or a job.
It is a passion, and passion almost never feels like work.

After you browse around here, be sure to follow the circle by clicking on the link to 


You'll be glad you did! I promise!
The talent here never ceases to amaze me!



...........................

254/365

"Aftermath"

"I was left to painstakingly deal with the aftermath 
of my avoidance later in life, in therapy or through the lyrics of my songs."


The house is in the aftermath stages of a 16th birthday party.
Sedate though it was by any standard, the house still sits in a mixture of cleanliness and upheaval.


.........

255/365

"Quest"

“Say it, reader. Say the word 'quest' out loud. It is an extraordinary word, isn't it? 
So small and yet so full of wonder, so full of hope.” 
― Kate DiCamilloThe Tale of Despereaux


Quest might seem like an odd title for this image,
 but I was in fact on a quest to capture the birthday candle image
 I had envisioned on my mind, and voila, here it is! 
Thanks to the fact that the grandparents hadn't celebrated with him yet- 
this was celebration #3 overall.



.......................

256/365

"Playing at the Intersection of Light, Water, and Shadow"


"Every doorway, every intersection has a story."


Katherine Dunn


Many nights I have stared at the sprinklers at this time of the evening, mesmerized by what the light was doing. Since she happened to be waiting to go to the pool, she was not at all unhappy to get a head start on that in the sprinklers, and as she can be quoted, "This means jellybeans!"


................



257/365
"Bright"

“Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God.” 
 Corrie ten Boom


We've been waiting almost a month to replace his glasses
from the time he lost them in the Pacific Ocean while on youth group beach trip.
Between waiting for the appointment and then the glasses to come in, it took forever.
Thankfully he is farsighted and can survive day to day
unlike his very nearsighted momma.
He picked the white ones. They are awesome. He looks like he's a musician.
In fact he is a musician.
 A musician that wears, ties, vests, and jackets and prefers them ironed.
How can his future NOT be bright?


...........

258/365

"Opportunity"


"If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door."


 Sixteen means he will want to drive.
First there must be a license and insurance,
so therefore there must first be a JOB.


...........

259/365

"Praise"

"Let everything that has breath praise the Lord"
Psalm 150:6
 




This is where my mini-project started. Inspired by a fellow photographer's thirty day project shooting only eggs, I struggled to find a similar focus without copying. Silhouettes, though not difficult can be tricky to pull off. Hoping to be an expert in 30 days or so.
Maybe I'll even have the makings of a pretty calendar or something like that.




................

260/365

"All the pretty horses..."

“Between the wish and the thing the world lies waiting.” ― Cormac McCarthy, All the Pretty Horses 




She is in fact a princess. Do not try to tell her that she isn't. Unless of course, she happens
to be a horse at that moment. Or a kitty, or better yet,
 a unicorn princess cat who just earned some jellybeans.


..............


Don't forget to click on the camera to head over to see how

Melissa's week went.


No comments:

Post a Comment