Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Palm Desert Lifestyle Photographer~ And Then We Snapped- 365 Blog Circle- Week 7




This may not be one of my better weeks in terms of producing stunning images,
but I am not unhappy with what I managed to capture this week either.
It was a busy week with a milestone birthday for my oldest son 
and then 3 days of "yucky-ness"for me, 
which did not in fact confine me to my bed, 
but did leave me longing for it. 
Moms don't get sick days you see.

But here we are back again at Tuesday.
Easily my favorite day of the week;
thanks to these lovely sisters of mine.
Sisters not in blood, but in this shared 
documentarian adventure. 
On the other side of it,
we will be veterans in a sense,
seasoned by experience and ready to handle 
the even bigger adventures yet to come. 


Keep the adventure going this week by clicking over to see the week of 







247/365
"Sixteen"

"The best substitute for experience is being sixteen."
 Author: Raymond Duncan.


 This was not the shot I had envisioned.
When we took him out for dinner,
we thought several servers would come to the table and embarrass him by singing to him.
They didn't do that, but instead announced to the whole restaurant that it was his birthday.
It was still fun, but disappointing nonetheless.



.................



248/365

"Decisions"

“If you always make the right decision, the safe decision,
the one most people make, you will be the same as everyone else.” 
― Paul Arden

She had exactly enough of her own money for one item at the dollar store.
She really wanted more than just one item,
so she was put into the uncomfortable position of making a decision.
 Definitely a life-experience moment.


.....................



249/365
"Self-Help"

“I went to a bookstore and asked the saleswoman, 'Where's the self-help section?' She said if she told me, it would defeat the purpose.” 
― George Carlin


She is capable of much more than she often lets on.
She is the first of my four children who have ever  uttered the phrase "I do it myself!",
 but even with that streak of independence, she is still the baby of the family
and very much enjoys being "babied".
This day Mommy wasn't much in the mood to do any babying,
so in preparation for a bath I told her to take off her own shirt.
As she did so, the shirt got stuck on her head.
Rather than fuss or get upset, she calmly smiled
and asked if I would like to take a picture.
 The next words from her mouth were requesting jelly beans(her typical modeling fee).
You see this photographer's child didn't see the frustration of her present struggle,
 but merely the opportunity it afforded her.
I am taking notes.




..................



250/365
"Camera"

"Look and think before opening the shutter.
 The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera."



She instead this was her camera and made me say cheese.
Then she made me use the camera to take her picture.
I love the days when she decides what my picture of the day will be.

...............


251/365
"Obligation"

"Life is made up, not of great sacrifices or duties, but of little things, in which smiles and kindness, and small obligations given habitually, are what preserve the heart and secure comfort."


There is an eight year age difference between them as well as gender
so he will play with her, but rarely.
When he does he is very good to her, though she is learning, much to her dismay,
that he doesn't obey the princesses commands very well.




...................


252/365
"Candles"


"I wanted to buy a candle holder, but the store didn't have one. So I got a cake."



Though his true birthday was the previous week, having the party on this day worked out better.
I only had five candles in the house though.
Just enough to get a very grainy blowing out the candles shot.


..................


253/365
"Sitting In"

But primarily, the drummer's supposed to sit back there and swing the band.


Ryan's primary instrument is piano, but he is also pretty decent on drums.
Since my husband's band played for my son's 16th birthday party, we kept it a real family affair by having Ryan sit in on drums for a few songs.
Apparently it started a trend too, as my husband's band will now be playing
the birthday party of one of our guests this coming weekend.
I guess it is pretty cool to be a teenager and have a professional quality love band playing your party.



..............



Don't forget to follow the blog circle all the way around.
Up next is .... Cindy
Click on the camera to take you there.



Until next week,

Love and Blessings,

Julie 

No comments:

Post a Comment