Monday, September 29, 2014

Palm Desert Lifestyle Photographer~ And Then We Snapped- 365 Blog Circle- Week 9




While I am so glad you've chosen to visit with me, 
be sure to follow the blog circle to see what the amazing Ally
from Allyson Wasmund Photography
has captured this week!



I have been doing a mini-side project of 30 days of silhouettes
but I don't always choose them as the photo of the day for my 365,
since life is occuring  in spite of my extra project
and I want to document that in the 365 as opposed to a skill set I am exploring.
Sometimes they overlap though so you will see a mix of them here.


261/365

"Dusk"

“Twilight fell: The sky turned to a light, dusky purple littered with tiny silver stars.”
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
 


This was only the second day of my thirty days of silhouettes and already 
I am wondering how I am going to get her to pose the best way fitting such a capture. 
Settings will not be the only thing I learn on this journey methinks!
.....................


262/365


 "Invasion of Privacy"

"Civilization is the progress toward a society of privacy. 
The savage's whole existence is public, ruled by the laws of his tribe. 
Civilization is the process of setting man free from men."



After she was belted in, I couldn't help but notice the strong directional light. 
It was so strong in fact that she had to cover her eyes. 
So even though this looks like a manifestation of PCS(Photographer's Child Syndrome), 
in reality it's just a little photophobia. 
................



263/365

"Peep Hole"


I don't know how many images I have taken of her playing at the park. 
Let's just say it's a lot.
Trying to capture a different angle so I can tell a different story. 


.......................



264/365

"silhouette in blue"

"Whenever I feel blue, I start breathing again."

L. Frank Baum


What do you do when the sun has already set, 
and you haven't taken your photo of the day or your silhouette project photo? 
Turn on the TV in a dark room and put the XBOX start page on. 
Later on you can edit out the ridiculous avatars your sons have created.


...............

265/365
"Static"

"Amidst all the clutter, beyond all the obstacles, aside from all the static, are the goals set. 
Put your head down, do the best job possible, let the flak pass, and work towards those goals."

Donald Rumsfeld

Almost the same story as the day before, except I planned it this way
wanting to explore this particular type of silhouette making.


......................

266/365

"Wonder Whirl"

Look at everything always as though you were seeing it either for the first or last time:
 Thus is your time on earth filled with glory.” 
― Betty SmithA Tree Grows in Brooklyn



This is what we call the tornado tower. Two soda bottles connected by a plastic tube.
Gravity and a bit of centrifugal force will create a whirlpool as one bottle drains into the other.
It's pretty fun to watch even though it is slightly tricky to get just the right spin on the bottles. 


...............
267/365

"Connection"
“Invisible threads are the strongest ties.” 
― Friedrich Nietzsche

Her brothers really do love her, although most days that looks pretty close to mere toleration of her.
Regardless, they are forever connected and someday will have more appreciation for that fact.




Bonus Shots...

"Strong"

"Strong" 
"I can do everything through him who gives me strength."
Phillipians 4:13 



"Bubble, Bubble"






"Toil and Trouble"




And so ends another week and begins one anew.

Thanks for sticking around this long and be sure to head on over to see what
Ally has been up to this week! 





Blessings, Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment