Friday, January 1, 2016

Palm Desert Photographer-A New Focus in 2016 and the Launch of The G365 Project.

Looking for photography in the Coachella Valley and Palm Springs areas? 
 Julie Moses specializes in documentary, lifestyle and storytelling photography serving the Palm Springs, Palm Desert, La Quinta, Indian Wells, Bermuda Dunes, Riverside County and Southern California areas. She is available for maternity, birth, newborn, baby, children and family portraits, 
documentary, and fine art photo sessions.







I completed my first 365 project at the end of 2014. 
I just completed my second a week ago on Christmas. 
The focus of both of these projects was predominantly 
about capturing and documenting the daily life of my family. 
For many two straight years of nearly daily 
shooting and editing would signal that it was time to take a break 
and sit back and perhaps focus on something else. 
Well I half agree.

I still plan to shoot daily and for the most part,
 my family will still feature very predominantly. 
The focus is very different though, as this year is all about gratitude.

Everyday I plan to find something to be grateful for 
and to document that both visually and though a written narrative. 

I have participated in gratitude studies before
 and I have always been very blessed
 by the change in spirit they seem to produce in me, 
however I have never documented them visually 
and I have never lasted more then a few weeks in my documentation.

So this year, I want that visual record. 
I also know that I have proven to myself that I can complete a 365 project, 
in fact I've proven it twice! 
I want to use that habit to help sustain a new habit 
of practicing mindful gratitude. 


I have prepared a daily theme prompt for myself, 
though I am sure I will most likely often stray from it. 
It is there for those days when I need structure to birth creativity 
and to help remove the blinders 
of poor attitude and circumstance.

The Gratitude Daily Prompts

Mondays: Someone
Tuesdays: Somewhere
Wednesdays: Small thing
Thursday: Large thing
Friday: Experiences
Saturday: Opportunities
Sundays: Feelings



I want to issue both an invitation as well as a disclaimer.
<<>>

 In the past, during my practice of mindful gratitude, 
I have noticed two things happen. 
First, that I begin to see exactly how blessed I really am, 
and the more blessings I look for the more I see.
Second, that whatever negativity in this world there is 
that can find it's way to your door to try to tear you down 
and close your eyes to blessings will in fact do so.
 It's part of the challenge to keep looking for
 and finding the blessings and feel the gratitude
despite the wolves at the door. 


I will also issue a warning that my gratitude is directed to God in all things.
The God I believe in is the God of the bible and that will be reflected in this project. So if you are prepared for all that, then I joyfully invite you to join me on this yearlong journey. Whether you choose to participate through finding and sharing your own blessings and gratitude or just by following me as I do, I am praying that you will be blessed by this project! 



Since today is Friday, I will begin with the Friday prompt of
an experience to feel grateful for.
1/365 Gratitude 2016- Friday. Experience


I often take my daughter to the park, 
but I don't often actually play with her.
I am her primary play mate most of the time.
I am also trying to encourage her independence 
and willingness to try new things 
as she is homeschooled, 
and her siblings are so much older than she is. 
So we go to the park, 
so that she can play with kids her own age, 
and I can just hang back, watch and take a lot of pictures.
Well yesterday, I made a mindful effort
 to climb the jungle gym and go down the slide too.
I most likely would not have gotten this shot
if I'd been following my usual routine.
I would have been on the ground, 
not behind her ready to slide down myself.
It was over pretty quick as we were meeting friends 
who were running only a few minutes behind. 
Their appearance meant I was quickly relegated 
to second or third place in her attention, 
but for a few moments, it was just us. 
I got to be in her world for a however small a time 
and today I am grateful that 
I am still both invited and able to participate.
(Even though I did almost get stuck in the slide.) 


Join me tomorrow as I give thanks again.







No comments:

Post a Comment