Monday, January 19, 2015

Palm Desert Lifestyle Photographer~ And Then We Snapped- 365 Blog Circle- 2015 Week 3



Already three weeks into this new year. 
Tuesday has snuck up on me yet again!
In the midst of all my other responsibilities which are many, 
I admittedly did not shoot every single day, 
but I did shoot way more than enough to cull out seven decent images
 and these are the ones I present to you today! 
When you are finished here, be sure to head on over to the ever fabulous work of 



It really is an awesome way to spend a Tuesday! 








 Week 3
January 11th through January 17th



"Siblings"

"If parents are the fixed stars in the child's universe, the vaguely understood, distant but constant celestial spheres, siblings are the dazzling, sometimes scorching comets whizzing nearby."

Alison Gopnik



I know it's hard to believe I have more than one child. I do though, and on occasion, they even make it into my images for the week.


----------------


"Capes"

I would wear a full-length cape if I could get away with it - I do love a good swirl in a fog.
Martin Freeman


A girl, a cape, a street, 'nuff said.


-------------


"Rainbow"
"It's a good thing that when God created the rainbow he didn't consult a decorator or he would still be picking colors."
Sam Levenson

Took a trip to the local farmers marker this week. I have no shame in admitting that I was wholly unaware of the existence of orange, purple, and green 
cauliflower. Consider me schooled.


--------------


"Compartmentalize"

“All definitions are a part of the intellectual dissection and compartmentalization of control.” 
― Bryant McGillSimple Reminders: Inspiration for Living Your Best Life


Any small space, nook, or cranny must be explored. 
Such are the spaces in which small but valuable treasures may be lurking, 
be they philosophical,
or rodent in nature.



--------------



"Write"
"Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing."

Benjamin Franklin

Writing is drawing and drawing is writing and thus she is both artist and writer 
at the same time for hours each day.

Free lensed. 
I think the combination of free lensing and black and white 
makes it extremely difficult to capture an uninteresting image.
I am not claiming either are easy to do, but once you have gotten the hang of it, 
the images just kind of make themselves.




-----------

"The Audience"
"Personality is the glitter that sends your little gleam across the footlights and the orchestra pit into that big black space where the audience is."

Mae West


They may run from her when they see her coming, but it does not dispel their fascination with her.






---------------




"Escape"
“For a second I was almost jealous of the clouds. 
Why was he looking to them for an escape when I was right here beside him?” 
― Kamila Shamsie, Kartography

They are not really outdoor cats. But on occasion we either let them out for a bit, or they escape through our legs at the front door. I feel a little bad for them, but at the same time they don't realize that the freedom they covet would actually be the exact prison we rescued them from.


--------------


 "Engagement" 
"I think happiness is a combination of pleasure, engagement and meaningfulness.

Ian K. Smith

I didn't clean up the mess here. I don't believe it makes it less of a portrait and more of a snapshot though. This mess helps create a biographical and environmental portrait. Some might say it is distracting, I say it tells two stories about two different kinds of people. The first is of a little girl who is a whirlwind of energy and chaos, leaving evidence of the chaos wherever she may go, and the other story is of a man that loves that little girl so much that he doesn't even notice the chaos
 but instead only notices her. 




-------------





So another week comes to a close. Please join me again next time, 
but since that's a whole week away, 
please consider following the blog circle over to the amazing





Blessings,
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment