Monday, January 12, 2015

Palm Desert Lifestyle Photographer~ And Then We Snapped- 365 Blog Circle- 2015 Week 2



Already time for another episode of And Then We Snapped 2015 Edition!
Both my favorite day of the week and the one I hate 
as it seems to always sneak up on me at the last minute!



I've been keeping track of the days on my Facebook page, but with extra shares and side b's, 
I have managed to thoroughly confuse myself. 
So suffice it to say that these were all shot sometime during the week of 
January 5th, 2015 to January 11th 2015. 
Enjoy! 
Oh and when you are done here, make sure you head on over to see the sure to please work of 


I know I am going to! 





"Triumph"
This little girl of mine is all about unicorns. This is her new Christmas unicorn, apparently having some sort of battle with the old counting bears. You'd have to ask her...


"Sniff"
"I judge people on how they smell, not how they look."

Jennifer Lopez

Free lensed before he tried to sniff my camera.


"Birthday Sandwich"
Who wants to wait all day for birthday cake to blow out candles?
A little side b from Monday.






"Upside Down"

"It's about a girl who is on the cusp of becoming someone.. A girl who may not know what she wants right now, and she may not know who she is right now, but who deserves the chance to find out.” 
― Jodi Picoult, My Sister's Keeper

A long time ago, my mom told me that my childhood just seemed to speed up after I turned five and started school. This was the day my last child turned five and I am keenly aware that time has no special considerations to give me and slow down for a bit. So I felt just a little dizzy and upside down.


"Reflective Curiosity"

We went to one of her favorite places for her birthday.
The Children's Discovery Museum.
This is also where I teach art classes for kids.
She loves it because it's fun, I love it because it's an awesome place to shoot.
Light, lines, and color, oh my!





7/365 " Five"

"You don't have to have anything in common with people you've known since you were five. With old friends, you've got your whole life in common."

Lyle Lovett

For now I am her memory, and someday she will be mine.




...............


"Seek"

It's been pretty overcast here for a few days. Not much in the way of rain unfortunately. Just enough gray to make you want to stay inside though. Even though we might be inside, we all still look for the light.


.................



9/365 "Giggle"
"It's just certain people that I get the giggles with."

Jeremy Sumpter

These kittens are worse than naughty toddlers. They can jump! 
God help us if they had opposable thumbs.


.............



"Her Prerogative"

"Free imagination is the inestimable prerogative of youth and it must be cherished and guarded as a treasure."

Felix Bloch
When the photo shoots are her idea, amazing things happen. 

.......


" Mask" 

“A charm invests a face
Imperfectly beheld,—
The lady dare not lift her veil
For fear it be dispelled.

But peers beyond her mesh,
And wishes, and denies,—
Lest interview annul a want
That image satisfies.”
― Emily Dickinson, The Complete Poems


...........


"Waiting"
You usually have to wait for that which is worth waiting for.

Craig Bruce

If you were to ask her, she might not think that lunch was really worth waiting for, BUT the "Frozen" sticker and the little puzzle that came in the bag just might have been.




............




That's it for me this week! But let me just advise you to stay tuned. There are some very curious and naughty kittens living in my house now. Combine that with a five year little girl with a personality as big as her imagination and you just know we're in for some brilliant photo opps!

In the meantime, head on over to see the gorgeous week of 

No comments:

Post a Comment