Thursday, August 14, 2014

Palm Springs Newborn Photographer ~ Newbie Lyra



I was a young first time mom.
One of the ramifications of that, is that girls that my little girl
was friends with as a child are now old enough to have their own little girls. 
So it is, that I was unbelievably honored to get to photograph the newborn session
for Baby Lyra. 
Dawn, her mom knew my daughter through a church program 
they both participated in late elementary school.
Unfortunately, Lyra's daddy was working and couldn't be there for this shoot, 
 but I tried very hard to produce gorgeous images of his gorgeous girls for him!













Lyra's mommy and daddy are just starting out and are in a cute little apartment.
They are blessed though with beautiful window light, and awesome floors! 






This was a rug in Lyra's room. It worked perfect for out shoot. 
I have been known to steal items around my clients homes to use in their sessions.
I really think it adds to the image for my clients as opposed to me bringing props that would be used over and over again with other clients. 
Their images are unique.



Lyra was super smily, though it was always very quick.
I did manage to catch a few here and there though.


This blanket belonged to Lyra's mommy when she was a baby.
I LOVE incorporating family heirlooms into special family sessions.







One of those super sweet smiles I captured.



Black and whites are a must to include.



She apparently wasn't so sure about her diaper change.




Details are so important. We think we will remember them, but so often they are lost in the whirlwind of first days and sleepless nights.
















Baby Lyra's grandmother was there for the whole session. 
Ready to hold a reflector and reminisce about when our daughters were small.



I saw these pieces of wall art as soon I walked into Lyra's room. 
I just knew they had to be incorporated into the shoot. 
Did I mention the awesome floors?






We even managed a shot with her daddy's baby blanket too.

~~~


So even though this session made me feel a bit old,
 I was still so very honored to have been given the opportunity to shoot it.
It was a joy to work with people who trusted my vision for the shoot
and just let me do what I do.

Although I love images of newborns posed and with props galore,
it's not a style I have chosen to embrace.
Don't get me wrong, that style requires tremendous talent, skill, and patience.
I highly respect those who have chosen to adopt it.

What I prefer to capture is those first few days
in the settingof the home of people who are just becoming a family,
who are just discovering the unique personality of their little one.
I want to capture THOSE moments in the context they are occurring.
This session allowed me to do just that!

Thank you!!





No comments:

Post a Comment