Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Palm Desert Photographer~ And Then We Snapped~Blog Circle 365 Week 3

I have the privilege of belong to a blog circle group called
And Then We Snapped...
We share our work on Tuesdays.

Tuesdays are quickly becoming one of my favorite days.
I get to see some of the most amazing imagery
AND
people leave me nice comments about mine.

That's a recipe for addiction, I'm telling you!
It's also an awesome recipe for accountability.
I don't know about the other ladies,
but I had extra incentive to get my daily shots taken.
Here's hoping you enjoy what life served up for me this past week...




219 to 225
August 10th to August 16th





219/365 "Games"


Time is a game played beautifully by children.” 
― Heraclitus, Fragments
 

She is just starting to understand and have the attention span to play simple games.
Her daddy is not much of a game person, but for her, he makes exceptions.


~~~



22/365  "Scholarship"

"True scholarship consists in knowing not what things exist, 
but what they mean; it is not memory but judgment."
James Russell Lowell


We are preparing to start school again. 
For my oldest still at home it is at public high school.
For my younger son and this princess it is learning at home. 
I have spent a great deal of time this summer reassessing 
what my view of education is, who it is for, and why. 
It's an adventure I really can't wait to begin.
And though this will be my 12th year doing it, 
this adventure is going to be totally different.
The kids are now in charge.
Yep, the lunatics will be running the asylum.


~~~



221/365 "Dip"


“The key to success―keep swimming. Even when they tap you on the shoulder to say the pool has been drained, just keep swimming.” 
― Richelle E. Goodrich


She was born to be in the water. She would live there if she could. 
Not being able to swim yet, is of no consequence to her.



~~~




222/365 "Geography"



Everything has to do with geography.


So even though this was actually a set up to take promo shots 
for upcoming back to school mini-sessions, it seems appropriate 
in light of of events on the world stage at the moment.
 In our own country and abroad.



~~~



223/365 "Lips" 

"When you look at the brain regions associated with picking up data from the body, 
a huge amount of the brain is devoted to picking up information from the lips and tongue."


Her mouth has a language all it's own in the way it shapes itself into expressions 
that reveal far more than her four year old vocabulary can convey. 



~~~




 224/365  "Obscurity"


“If you desire the path of sincerity, develop a love for obscurity. Flee from the clatter and clinks of fame. Be like the roots of a tree; it keeps the tree upright and gives it life, 
but it itself is hidden underneath the earth and eyes cannot see it.” 
― Abdullah ibn al-Mubarak




I have no real desire to be known as a person, except to those closest to me.
And that is a ridiculously small number.
 I want them to know exactly who I am and why. 
For everyone else, knowing my work is far close enough, 
and sometimes too close. 
I sometimes wish I were different, 
but I have come to be settled in the trueness of who I am. 
I spent quite a lot of time when I was younger 
trying to be someone slightly different, 
someone better, more worth knowing.
Not only was it exhausting, 
it turns out the someone better was already there 
when I didn't try so hard.


~~~



225/365 "Dessert" 

“Look, there's no metaphysics on earth like chocolates.” 


There is this generational curse from my husband's side of the family. 
It is the belief that ice cream is a food group.
Chocolate frozen yogurt is, however, an acceptable substitute,
as long as there are rainbow sprinkles on top.


~~~




To follow the blog circle click on the camera and head over to Erica's blog. 



No comments:

Post a Comment