Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Palm Desert Lifestyle Photographer~ And Then We Snapped- 365 Blog Circle- Week 4

We are already on week 4 of this collective adventure! 
We had a busy week getting ready for school to start and a last minute trip for the little miss.


226 to 232
August 17th to August 23rd, 2014







Day 226/365

"Curve"

{noun}

: a continuously bending line, without angles.


She is my daughter. 
She will have curves, it is unavoidable. 
Better she learn to dance with them now instead of fighting with them later. 





~~~



Day 227/365

"Smooch"

"If kisses were rainbows, I'd send you a storm"
Unknown


She is the last of my four children and by far the most affectionate- with me anyway.
She is still very cautious with her affection for anyone outside our immediate family-
and even Daddy and brothers are far less likely
to be the recipient of hugs and kisses than I am.
And though I have always been one is very affectionate of my space bubble,
I am more than happy to let her pop said bubble when she says,
"Mommy, I always smile when you kiss me!"




~~~

Day 228/365


"Summer's End"


"Summer ends, and Autumn comes, and he who would have it otherwise would have high tide always and a full moon every night; and thus he would never know the rhythms that are at the heart of life." 
~Hal Borland

Summer lasts until late October here in the desert ,climate wise, 
but we are feeling the end of summer as we prepare 
for my son to start his junior year of high school. 
I am acutely aware of this season of his childhood coming to a close very quickly, 
and as much as I would like to hold it off, 
I know that life is done a disservice in my attempt to do so.




~~~


Day 229/365

"In My Shadow"



Bed head and peanut butter face, like it or not I cast my shadow on her.
I pray that shadow is short and light as opposed to long and heavy. 




~~~



Day 230/365

"Haze" 

“We grow great by dreams. All big men are dreamers. They see things in the soft haze of a spring day or in the red fire of a long winter's evening. Some of us let our dreams die, but others nourish and protect them, nurse them through bad days till they bring them to sunshine and light.”

Woodrow T. Wilson


I haven't free lensed in a while, especially outside. 
It's a scary proposition sometimes, but ,oh my, sometimes the return is worth the risk.




~~~



Day 231/365

"Unicorn"

“The Unicorn looked dreamily at Alice, and said "Talk, child."
Alice could not help her lips curling up into a smile as she began: "Do you know, I always thought Unicorns were fabulous monsters, too? I never saw one alive before!"
"Well, now that we have seen each other," said the Unicorn, "If you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you. 
Is that a bargain?” 
― Lewis CarrollAlice's Adventures in Wonderland & Through the Looking-Glass



"I'm a unicorn. Mommy! I'm a unicorn!"
"Yes, dear. Always be yourself- unless you can be a unicorn- then 
be a unicorn!"




~~~



Day 232/365  

"Down"


“Life is like an escalator. You see, it carries you on regardless. And you might as well enjoy the view and seize every opportunity while you're passing. Otherwise, it'll be too late.”






This was the first time we had taken the escalator together without me holding her.
 I am almost NEVER at the mall, 
but today it happened to be the most expeditious route to
 fulfill the goal of having sneakers for her trip to her cousins. 
They happen to live very near the beach
 and experience quite a variance of temperatures in any given day. 
Where we live in the desert, you can pretty much get by with sandals 75 percent of the year. 
I almost couldn't believe, that I didn't have a shot like  this in my portfolio yet, 
but in a way I was really glad because I don't think 
I would have been nearly as successful with it even six months ago.
Oh, and by the way, she did awesome on the escalator. 









To keep the fun going, follow the blog circle to Kelly's blog by clicking on the camera below.





No comments:

Post a Comment