Saturday, April 19, 2014

Project 365~ 98/365 Test Subject





In preparation for a cake smash session I am doing next week, 
I tried my hand at making some of my own props. Specifically paper and cloth banners. 
The colors requested by the family just happened to coordinate 
with this little miss' bedroom colors too, so we tried them our in her room. 
She also practiced her jumping skills while Mommy practiced bouncing the flash 
off the ceiling since we were shooting after sunset.
 It sure is nice to have a willing test subject!



The paper banner was made from a scrapbook paper book of papers I picked up from Walmart from $3. The fabric banner is made up of 3 fat squares also purchased at Walmart @$1 a piece. Considering I could actually make many more paper banners, this project actually cost way less than $6. Most likely the banner will live in her room after the shoot. Her bedroom is often a test set for me anyway. Lucky kid, eh?


For the paper banner I followed the directions from this tutorial.

For the fabric banner I followed the directions for making a tutu,
but used cotton fabric instead of tulle.
 Banner tutorial


<<<>>>

No comments:

Post a Comment