Thursday, April 17, 2014

Project 365~ 96/365 Distraction

“All profound distraction opens certain doors. You have to allow yourself to be distracted when you are unable to concentrate.” 
― Julio CortázarAround the Day in Eighty Worlds







Just for the day on we headed up to the local mountain community of Idyllwild, CA.
 It is an amazing little town. It was so fun to introduce my little girl to the place and to be reminded why I love it so much. It had been more than five years since I had visited, which is why,
 despite a very nauseous tummy I braved the twisty road up the hill in 
the passenger seat of my mother in laws's compact SUV. 
I am glad I did.






We actually arrived in the middle of a planned power outage so many businesses were not even open.
The Lumber Mill Bar & Grill was though, and we had a very leisurely lunch.




The cafe was really busy considering it was one of the few eateries still open. We passed the time with fun paper games courtesy of Grandma. Connect the dots to make a box and a round of hangman.




My little "Handy Mandy" was also fascinated by all the sawmill tools hung on the wall as part of the theme decor. Good thing they were hung out of reach, or else she probably would have dismantled the table and chairs while we were waiting.


I really appreciated the server allowing me to just have hot water with my meal and use my own peppermint tea bags. Peppermint tea really helps settle my stomach. 
And though they aren't pictured here. The sweet potato fries at this place are excellent!


As soon as lunch was over, we were ready to explore.




If there is a cute puppy around and willing owners, 
Ems will not pass up the opportunity for a doggy cuddle,




or a free sample of chocolate ice cream.



It is a touristy town, so there are lots of little stores that carry all sorts of interesting things.
The Grey Squirrel was no exception. You can find their small toy department in the upstairs loft.



Amazingly we managed to get out of the store without making a memento purchase. 
Even an equine one.  Took a bit of distraction though...






SQUIRREL!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment