Monday, October 27, 2014

Palm Desert Lifestyle Photographer~ And Then We Snapped- 365 Blog Circle- Week 13






I haven't shot any silhouettes in the last week, 
though I am not done with the project though.
It will get done, but I give myself the permission to take my time in getting it done.
I beat myself up about way too many other things
 that are far more important than to choose this to be one of them. 
These shots were not taken over seven days either, 
but more like 4 or 5. 
There are more than seven images too. 
Rules are arbitrary when it comes to art 
and if it means the difference between following the rules 
and giving up my project because I didn't want to break the rules, 
then I am going to break every "rule" in the book, 
because completing the project is way more important than the rules at this point.  
Maybe next year I will be more of a stickler for self imposed rules, 
but not this time. 


Be sure to follow the blog circle all the way around.
Up next is the amazing Sarah!
Inspiration is yours for the clicking...








The backyard may not be all that pretty, but the light sure is.




What does a photographer do she they catch their preschooler 
coloring on the windows in pretty light? 
Picture first, discipline later. 
Evidence is required for conviction, right?
Truth be told she was using the crayon line as more of DIY laser pointer 
to play with the feral kitten that lives on the porch just outside the window.


"Sorry Mommy."



Part of my weekly life now involves getting sample art projects ready for my art classes.
This one is actually based on the Fibonacci Sequence- which I am fascinated by.



This lesson dealt with compositional themes and creating the illusion of space, depth, and shadow using only (mostly) horizontal lines.




It's been so long since I took her to the children's museum. This is the air harp exhibit.




Do veterinarians have a confidentiality oath too? Looks like a little kitty is sharing something private.



This is the communal area behind our house that we share with nine or so other families. We have under utilized it as of late. Now that it is too cool to use the pool but cool enough to play, we will be using it more.



This is perhaps my favorite area in the whole communal space. Just a small pathway behind a row of oleander bushes. It's almost always in the shade and makes the perfect secret space for playing in. 


All the transition I have been experiencing as of late with a new job and new responsibilities is beginning to settle a bit, and with that I feel my inspiration for this project beginning to return as well, so even though, this is all for this week, be sure to come back next Tuesday for more.

And especially don't forget to hop on over to Sarah's blog 
to see what her eyes and heart have captured this week.





Blessings,

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment